There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Great Company that takes care of employees

Current Employee - HR Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - HR Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

105 year legacy well established organization

Cons

Must be willing to work hard and long hours

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

No common sense? No Operations Experience? You'll be an Ops Mgr in no time!!

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Job security .

Cons

Too many hours. No work life balance. Support staff functions have no sense of reality to find solutions to problems for operators. I am convinced that if you screw something up in operations, that will be your only way into a support type function. UPS does not like to move operators with college degrees and common sense into functions such as finance or human resources.

Advice to Management

Just because you have a master's degree doesn't mean you have the understanding of how to run an operation. Continuing to manage your people through fear will hopefully result in a mass exodus including myself for peace of mind. The current regime is destroying the culture and legacy of this company. Not sure upper management "cares" about mid management. Teamsters get more respect than we do.

2. It's a job.

Current Employee - Plant Engineering Specialist in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Plant Engineering Specialist in Louisville, KY

I have been working at UPS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People I work with are great. You get pay well for what you do. They do a tuition reimbursement program for bachelor's degree.

Cons

The job I have was misleading in its representation. I was lead to believe this was more of engineering job when it wasn't. You are an alarm caller who sits behind a computer all day. Mechanics have more power to change the area then you do. There isn't very many opportunities for promotion. Because there isn't a lot of promotions or upward movement there is a lot of veterans workers doing the same work making 20 or 30,000 more then you. Raises aren't based on performance they are based on years.

Advice to Management

Lower requirements for degree needed. The requirements don't match skill level needed. Far more reaching then needed. Maybe a associates degree in the technical area or just having a bachelor would be suitable. Reevaluate how raises are given.