UPS

There are newer employer reviews for UPS

not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Specialist
Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

compensation and benefits are good. job security is good also. UPS is the king of the hill in the delivery business.

Cons

too much bureaucracy and micro management, which I supposed can be expected of a company this size.

2790 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Only a good place to work if you KNOW someone

Current Employee - Part Time Center Supervisor in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Part Time Center Supervisor in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is challenging, but in a good way. The day can go by fast because There is ALWAYS something, somewhere that you need to be doing or monitoring. At least where I work, the people who are not moved all over God's creation every year or so are nice. They give good paid time off, but you have to put in the time. Overall, if you work hard, you will NOT get fired.

Cons

Keep in mind that this is about working in operations, so any other departments should be judged by this review. Compensation is based on the numbers for your entire center. The only individual part to your performance review comes from your manager. Managers are moved around the company like chess pieces so by the time one gets to know you, he gets transferred. If the guy does NOT like you for any reason, your review is BAD. I have trained people to do their jobs only to have them promoted ahead of me various times. Even helping my manager with things outside of my job description, just to get burned on my review because I would donate at the appropriate leadership level to the United Way or kowtow to his desire to "bend" the rules in place. Long story short. If they don't like you, you get nothing. Even as a part time worker, I am expected to put the company first over my own life. They want you available all day. The company that USED to be ok just gets worse every year.

give people actual management training and do not just throw in an office. Stop the revolving door of management and supervision. ALLOW an appeal of an employee's review if you are going to keep the musical chairs game up with superiors. Go back to how you used to run the company years ago. The way things are going lately, there will be no more corners to cut. Just a perfectly round hole to fall into.

The worst experience of my life

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Bronx, NY

I worked at UPS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great job if you can get it!

Cons

They promise you that if you do your best you'll get a permanent position and enter the union, but that never happens, besides, they make you go to work, shave, get dressed and spend gas, just to send you home without pay, after waiting for a few hours in some instances, if you have tons of money saved up to cover your bills is the perfect job for you, otherwise, you'll be worst than not having a job, since they want you to be ready and willing anytime they need you.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS