There are newer employer reviews for UPS

LOVE my JOB!!

Current Employee - Part Time Operations Supervisor in West Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Part Time Operations Supervisor in West Raleigh, NC

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salary is above average for my area; and benefits are good, just not what they used to be for mgmt

Cons

None really other than our health benefits are no where near what they used to be

Upper mgmt would be advised to start looking out for its mgmt people the way the union looks out for its drivers. Tougher promotion process for pt sups (Remember these are going to be your full-time mgrs one day.) Also, do something about our healthcare here in the south. Just about all the drs & hospitals in my area refuse to see you if you have United Healthcare. Give us a choice again for our insurance carrier

reviews filtered by
  1. Delivered packages

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Consistent job. Was given extra hours when I wanted them.

Cons

Pay was ok. Would not have as my full time job. This was a retirement job for me.

2. Great part time job for students

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in San Diego, CA

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

One of the best things about ups, is there awesome medical benefits, for which you pay nothing from your pay check. This is a unionized company so, there are union due's but the pay raises are good, they also help students with school finances provided you maintain good grades. This company also promotes from within. P.S. the higher salary jobs do require a bachelors deg. Stable career job. Great pay compared to other relative jobs.

Cons

Micro management,To many chiefs, Union due's, long hour's

Never change medical benefits, keep wages competitive, other than that, great company. Sets the standard for employee benefits among the elite American companies, and other companies should take notes.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS