Pre load

Current Employee - Pre Load in Mesquite, TX
Current Employee - Pre Load in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At UPS I get a good pay check for working part time.

Cons

The would be better I could work full-time.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Internship in UPS

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Everything Good in every aspects at UPS

Cons

Low Pay for the interns

Advice to Management

Turn more interns into full-time job.

2. Horrible Management

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Denver, CO

I have been working at UPS part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hourly employees are Teamsters and as such have certain things protected such as wages, hours of work, health benefits. If an employee can put up with constant harassment from management then it can be a decent place to work as far as benefits go. We do not pay for our health care which is a very big plus! For new employees however, you must wait a year to get health coverage. Was not that way when I started with the company 21yrs ago. Also the starting wage is too low for starting hour employees working inside the building. As of this review $8.50/hr is the starting wage for PT employees. It may go up to $10/hr as of Aug 1, 2013 if the new contract is passed. This however is too low in my opinion considering the contract will be for 5 years. There are practically no FT hourly jobs available at UPS unless you want to be a package car driver.

Cons

Horrible management that constantly BULLY and HARASS employees. Management does not know how to treat their employees with "dignity and respect" which is clearly provided for in the contract. The fact that that even has to be in writing in the contract says something about management. Must have a very thick skin to work at UPS! New employees do not get health benefits for a year. Starting wage too low and not allowed to take any time off unless you have a vacation week available to you.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with dignity and respect! This is not happening and treatment of employees has gotten worse over the years. We're all adults lets treat each other that way! This is not a prison sentence working at UPS although management does it's best to make an employee feel that way.