There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Great Benefits and very stable career

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Stability, Easy work life schedule, opportunity for growth, company will take care of you, income, lots of opportunity for growth but must be open to moving and travel. This is a great company if you put your whole heart into it.

Cons

Politics, Company is run by engineers not by sales and revenues, Old School Company Culture, Slow moving giant, Too big that decisions take too long to get made and when they are implemented they are obsolete, suffers from design rigamortis, they make promises to you and make you keep believing you will be promoted but someone else may due to politics or a position just may never open because no one wants to retire. You will have to move around in order to move up. If you want to contribute your own ideas or ways of thinking, or ideas, this is not the company for you. They are like the 5th branch of the military and you have to be willing to say yes and don't ask questions.

Advice to Management

Stop taking analytics of your employees and studying all these metrics. If you want to know what works best or how to make an improvement, just ask us. Wish the company would take more of our opinions into consideration. Also wish we would invest more on internal technology.

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

1. great work environment great people

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Franklin Park, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Franklin Park, IL

I have been working at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great workout you feel like you're getting better everyday

Cons

nothing i can think of

2. driver helper

Former Employee - Driver Helper in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Driver Helper in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved being a driver helper. I got to ride around in nice neighborhoods deliver packages to residential house and even commercial business.

Cons

I was working part time in the factory as a package handler. So it was tough doing both jobs.