UPS

www.upsjobs.com
  www.upsjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Good compensation, intense work environment

Current Employee - Part-Time Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Part-Time Supervisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, fast paced and interesting work, lots of time off. Looks great on a resume if you are in management, lots of opportunities to move up within the company as well.

Cons

Likely to work either evenings or overnight if you are in operations. May have to wait to be promoted to full-time work if you are part-time.

Invest more in your people, less in the numbers.

2718 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Career UPSer

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong, ethical culture, career opportunities, promotion from within, challenging hard work, financially stable company that makes adjustments to global market changes. Opportunity for several mini-careers inside the company.

Cons

Work-life balance, can be too insular and miss outside perspective benefits.

There are more opportunities to enhance recognition without sacrificing culture of constructive dissatisfaction.

Tough place to work but extremely secure.

Current Employee - Part Time Supervisor in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Part Time Supervisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at UPS part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Unmatched benefits, good pay, very nice retirement plan, greatest employees in any industry. Very stable work environment.

Cons

Management advancement is very political. Who you know, not always what you have done for the company. A lot of "We have our eye on you, let's see what you are capable of", but unless you are 25-40, you can forget about being promoted to a full time management position. Very hard to prove age discrimination. All about moving the number now, no longer customer service . Jim Casey is turning over in his grave.

Promote based on merit please, and get back to taking the time to listen to our customers the way we used to.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS