UPS

www.upsjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Below Average Pay, Oppressive Environment, Almost No Oppurtunities for Advancement

Former Employee - Specialist in Coppell, TX
Former Employee - Specialist in Coppell, TX

I worked at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

One of the few upsides for employees of the company is the decent healthcare benefits. Was in a position that no overtime was allowed, work/life balance was not a problem.

Cons

Management does not want its employees who are not in management to receive advanced degrees, CPA or certifications for fear of the employees leaving. The salaries are below average. No overtime was allowed for my department. More work was continually being added with no additionally staffing or work hours being added. Managers feel like they can talk to the direct reports anyway they want. Advancement is a joke. There is a procedure in place that is rarely followed. This procedure is frequently circumvented. The highest percentage of turnover in my building was for the specialist position. Specialist is the position that is between the hourly and management. You have so many specialist who feel frustrated with the promotion process and management that the majority of them have found better jobs that paid more and offered other benefits not offered by UPS such as tuition re-imbursement for Masters, paying for membership dues, providing and/or paying for training, etc.

The all of the consolidation that the company has gone through the past few years, it is no wonder that the specialist are frequently leaving. When you reduce the all of the management positions other than oeprations and business development, there is no where for the specialist to go.

3000 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

great work environment great people

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Franklin Park, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Franklin Park, IL

I have been working at UPS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

great workout you feel like you're getting better everyday

Cons

nothing i can think of

driver helper

Former Employee - Driver Helper in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Driver Helper in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at UPS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I loved being a driver helper. I got to ride around in nice neighborhoods deliver packages to residential house and even commercial business.

Cons

I was working part time in the factory as a package handler. So it was tough doing both jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS