Great for Advancement, Fasted Pace

Current Employee - Supervisor in Athens, OH
Current Employee - Supervisor in Athens, OH

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great for Advancement, Fasted Paced, Compensation

Cons

Long Hours,work/life Balance, Pay of Part Time Employees

Advice to Management

None

reviews filtered by

Stay Away!!!

Former Employee - Pre Loader in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Pre Loader in Charlotte, NC

I worked at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For me there was really no pros about this job. I'm thinking.............Nope none that I can think of. oh maybe one.. if your young and don't mind hard work and being talked to like crap..then yeah this is for you.

Cons

Where do I start. I work as a part time pre loader for almost six months..six months too long but I had to do what I had to do at the time. They are quick to hire without a drug test or back ground check, because they just want someone to work. I worked from 5am to 9am. Worst job ever and I say that because it was all about numbers. they work you like a slave and talk to you like one too. You have to load the brown truck by taking packages off of this conveyor belt. the packages come in no order for the trucks you're loading..you just have to pick you packages out of the bunch. The belt moves at a speed that the human person can not keep up with. I had four trucks to load. So you have to take the boxes from the belt then put them on the truck then come back out and and grab the box for the next truck and so on and so on. not impossible but at UPS it is. Then the whole time they(supervisors) are yelling at you to get the boxes on the right truck right no.. cause you dnt dare get a mislead (wrong package on the wrong truck) cause you will be hounded the whole shift. I recently quit this week..cause I had had enough. I could go on and on about this awful place of business but It would be a book. you dnt get paid for the work you do by any means what so ever. I say stay away if you can.. This job was my last resort and the only reason I took it.

Advice to Management

Management sucks.. But you know what to speak about advice.. they will never change.. because their system works for them so they can get more money.. You have UPS Drivers making 38 bucks an hour and loader starting at 9.50.. how does that make sense. Supervisors are afraid of upper management which I sprobale how upper management wants it. My advice would be to rethink the whole thing. start from stratch get a new facility that's up to date. and offer ethics training for managers.. but you know what it wont get done but that's just my advice. and oh I worked at the charlotte NC location over on Jeff Adams. where anyone can become a supervisor because at the end of the day you gone get worked like a slave anyways. so good luck you folk at the the charlotte location..hope that job aint your career. PEace out

2. Robots

I worked at UPS

Pros

Good hourly rate Nothing else I can honestly say about UPS

Cons

never know when you are getting off
    Always arguing with management
    your are just a number to the company not a human being
    you are never good enough to please the company

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect