UPS

www.upsjobs.com
  www.upsjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Hard performance driving company that pays good and provides good benefits

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits
Stable Organization
Mobility and promotion options
UPS invest resources into developing their employees and bringing out the talent within them.

Cons

Sometimes slave driving / Iron Fist management style
Too resistant to alternate ideas
Middle management completely disengaged from associates
Too report driven

Remove barriers that stiffle creativity and engage associates in focus group meetings

2721 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Lies about airport jobs to get new hires.

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Louisville, KY

I worked at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good way to pay for college

Cons

Claims you get 6 hours a night. Reality is you get 3 hours at best and supervisors try to make employees leave a little after a hour and a half. Teamwork is non-existent, part time and full time supervisors have no clue whats going on. Pay raises and benefits keep getting cut, college sign up is so confusing it's not even worth bothering with it. Full time jobs where I worked for normal employees where non-existing without being forced to move into a management role. Full time jobs for normal UPS employees did exist where I live but where at a different site and where handled by a completely different part of the company and where non-available for job transferees to airport employees.

Hire supervisors that actually have good qualities to become a supervisor instead of just moving employees into the role because they ask for it.

Quite the experience

Current Employee - Feeder Driver in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Feeder Driver in New York, NY

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can make a good living if you dont mind putting the hours and the B.S. You can have a good experience in Package if U.P.S was to stay off your back and let you do your job. I had a good time out on the route, but hell in morning and coming back at night.

Cons

They are never happy with amount of work you do. Everything is your fault as the driver, they wont go after part-timers, cause they dont care.. They preach safety, when all that matters is stops per hour. They micro-manage too much. In feeder we are told we cannot stop to use the bathroom, even if its an to hour drive. In package they lie all the time, you cannot get a straight answer from them about how many stops you have on your truck.

If management would treat good employees good and deal with the bad ones accordingly. You want to treat everyone like trash and still expect loyalty. You will get loyalty if you where to treat us fair. Let us do our jobs and come to us with any problems like gentlemen, not slaves.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS