UPS

There are newer employer reviews for UPS

It was Definitely a Learning Experience

Former Employee - Part- Time Supervisor in Hodgkins, IL
Former Employee - Part- Time Supervisor in Hodgkins, IL

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, fun coworkers and they promote from within, learned a lot about managing people, tuition reimbursement that helped a lot with my school debt.

Cons

extremely loud in the HUB sometimes dangerous work when breaking jams, and too much paperwork. male dominated workforce, sometimes would treat women unfairly

Women are people too,

2720 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Lack of Direction

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Newark, DE

I worked at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees were great, pay was good. Enjoyed how every day was different. Never a dull moment.

Cons

Inexperienced upper management making decisions. Long hours which put a huge burden on my family life.

Get out of your offices and go to front line management and see what they actual need to perform their jobs

P.E. Supervisor

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Sound company and a great team I work with in my department. Never board, always something new to learn and do. In addition, the benefits are pretty good.

Cons

There is very little work / home balance. Flexibility depends on the manager you have, it is not an automatic thing even if you work long hours. That's the other thing, they want you to work a min. of 9hrs a day not including your lunch. The compensation just doesn't add up....

If you want your employees (importantly the company) to succeed It would be best to offer training to better prepare your employees before transitioning them into another position. Hence, causing the Co. to succeed or fail.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS