There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY
Current Employee - Account Executive in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome people, awesome benefits, awesome teamwork.

Cons

Too many chiefs, If you've ever seen the movie office space, where the guy forgot the TPS reports and got 20 emails about missing the TPS reports... did you get the memo about the TPS reports... Also make sure you get the job in the city where you want to work because this company does not transfer you... period.

Advice to Management

Don't hire wierdos, also start forcing the old farts to retire. 70 years old is too old for a driver.

Other Employee Reviews for UPS

1. I'm only a seasonal helper.

Pros

Good pay, steady hours and fun people to work with.

Cons

The warehouse is dusty, it's a lot of work and the work is somewhat monotonous.

2. My poor knees.

Current Employee - Driver Helper in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Driver Helper in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at UPS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's great being outdoors in phoenix during the winter, because it doesn't get too hot or too cold. Your getting paid to work-out. It pays better than minimum wage, so it's a good way to get some extra holiday money, and get some job experience. If you get lucky and are placed in the richer parts of town, the views, houses and Christmas decorations are beautiful. Plus everyone is so happy to see you...er...well happy to see their packages. But it's nice not having to deal with angry customers all day.

Cons

If you don't get a regular driver, you have no idea when or where you'll be working on any particular day. They are so busy during the holidays, that there will likely be complications with your paycheck. If you don't have your driver write down a copy of your hours for you, you will have a bad time. Jumping in and out of the truck all day is killer on your knees, even if you are in fairly decent shape.

Advice to Management

Find a way to automate Helpers paychecks. Maybe implement some sort of checking-card or direct deposit. I mean, we are almost in 2014... Who uses paper paychecks anymore?