UPS, it's not for everyone. But if you fit in, you'll be working for one of the BEST companies in the world!

Current Employee - Journeyman Mechanic  in  Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Journeyman Mechanic in Detroit, MI

I have been working at UPS

Pros

One of the most financially stable companies in the world to work for. They really take doing the most with the minimum to extremes. This is very important in todays ultra competitive economy. Just be ready to WORK, WORK, WORK! There are NO easy jobs at UPS.

Cons

They can be a little behind on newer technologies which makes an employees life safer and easier. (I.E. Power steering for drivers, hoists for mechanics, etc...)

Promote the best people qualified for a job, not the people that help meet a quota. This is a recipe for economic ruin not only for UPS but the United States as well. Mediocrity isn't what made UPS and the USA great, it was the best and brightest people that drove our success!

Other Reviews for UPS

Great Company, So-So Division

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at UPS

Pros

Working for a world-class, industry leading company that accomplishes the impossible on a daily basis. Strong career opportunities once you get to mainstream UPS. Majority of employees are there for the long run.

Cons

Paperwork issues, as with many big companies there are so many reports going on from above you that you are constantly being asked to answer silly questions. In the division I work for, Inside Sales we are sometimes viewed as the red-headed stepchildren to the "real" sales force in the field. Our compensation is somewhat below par for the level of responsibility and there is an unfortunate lack of accountability for results which allows subpar employees to stay around. It is nearly impossible to get fired even when you cannot handle your job. They have recently added channels by which you can move from Inside Sales to mainstream UPS but the opportunities are too few and far between.

Demand results from employees, not everyone you hire can be saved from themselves.

Solid company with many opportunities to move up and job security if you follow all rules & procedures.

Current Employee - Technician  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Technician in San Jose, CA

I have been working at UPS

Pros

The ability to move to other positions. Hard to get fired unless you wanted to. UPS supports United Way and denotes a lot of money to help ours and the communities. UPS offers 3% return in stocks on 401K and offers good benefits for full time employees.

Cons

Fast pace environment, can be exposed to a few chemicals mainly smog from the trucks. Could get injured if not following the safety rules. The moment you enter a UPS facility, you are being watched. UPS measures everything by numbers.

There is a clear line between managements and other employees. Some managers look down on others because of their titles and the number of years they worked with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!