There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Worst Job I've Even Had

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at UPS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It pays decently. You can learn a lot as a sales person.

Cons

This place is a stomping ground for Managers and Supervisors to act like Gods. They treat you like crap and don't appreciate your work. They place these stipulations on you that are not reasonable. It is also hard to get promoted unless you 'drink the kool-aid' or suck up to get it. It has been the most unpleasant work environment that I've ever been in. All of the minorities that started from class 1 and on are STILL here. A few people quit because there wasn't any opportunity for minorities and they feel discouraged from applying for better opportunities.

Get off your high horses and learn how to create a pleasant environment for employees.

2635 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Wasted of time. Broken promises

Former Employee - Auditor in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Auditor in Columbus, OH

I worked at UPS (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people. Pay was ok but I earned every penny of it working in below 0 weather and walking nonstop. Plus heavy lifting trailer doors open.

Cons

they knew they were letting out me go but didn't say anything til the day before.I got a call that i was out of a job. I worked seasonal for 2 1/2 yrs AND was never hired on. Even tho I was told several times that I was going to be by management. I was an auditor. Which winter spring summer or fall u open trailers and verify if its a load or not. I work 5hrs walking non stop around the truck yard. Was on time and rarely missed work and they still did not hire me.
     And because they didn't have any positions avalialbe they let all of the temps go.Management are idoits and control freaks about everything. Exspecially with the drivers. The drivers make sooo money but they cry and complain nonstop. Which was really annoying.

Hire ppl that bust their butt trying to get hired on. This happens to a lot of ppl. Users

Horrible company

Former Employee - UPS Driver in Stafford, TX
    Former Employee - UPS Driver in Stafford, TX

I worked at UPS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is decent however for the amount of work and pressure it should be more.

Cons

Treat employees like crap. They don't care if you are sick dead, or whatever as long as their freight is delivered. Forced to skip lunch but they take out lunch break from your pay.If you get hurt on the job they will throw you to the wolves.

Treat employees with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS