UPS

www.upsjobs.com
  www.upsjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Good company, tough to advance.

Former Employee - Preload Supervisor in New York, NY
Former Employee - Preload Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at UPS part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very stable company. Pay is good for full time management and union workers. Met some great people in my 3 years at UPS.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations!! Tough union environment, constant conflicts between union and management. Terrible hours for preload, my hours would vary between 9pm-10am. Have to work all holidays. Very tough to advance to full time from part time. Once full time the pay is great somewhere around 70,000. However, full time entails working 60-70 hours a week and constantly being harassed by upper management.

Treat your employees better. Management stresses discipline non stop, creating the conflicts between union and management.

2805 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Good Place

I worked at UPS

Pros

Easy work, out door work

Cons

A lot of work needed to be done

Listen to employee's opinions

Definitely not for everyone. Get skills outside of the job. Go to school while at this job.

Former Employee - UPS Preload in Jacksonville, NC
    Former Employee - UPS Preload in Jacksonville, NC

I worked at UPS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked at ups for 8 months. Through thanksgiving and Christmas season.

Started at 9.50 (2.00$ above minimum wage) Raises (10.50$ after 3-4 months), get done with work before 10am, workout at work, no experience needed, overtime during holiday season, get to help drivers deliver over the Christmas holiday and see happy kids and people get gifts. Union

Also you are able to work another job because of the schedule or go to school. I would do all three if possible. I say that so that if this job begins to be how it was for me and others you won't feel stuck and skill less. Nothing worse than wanting more than your next breath to get out of a job but feel you can't because your options are so slim because of the lack of skills or education.

Cons

Entire year before benefits, have to be clocked in early as 2:30am, stressful, extremely cold or extremely hot, management was preaching safety but their methods and speed of forcing out parcels said otherwise, overworked, hub was understaffed meaning many loaders would have 4-5 trucks where if a few more people were hired everyone would have 3 increasing efficiently and cutting down on misloads. Job made me antisocial and dread human interaction. Management kept me on the edge of violent outburst by their blatant disregard of the workers. They felt they were doing a service at pcms by giving out fruit and Gatorades on Fridays and the occasional one size fits all hat or shirt for not getting a misload.

Hire the proper amount of people. Just because it gets done dosen't mean people aren't getting killed while you sit in your office. Hire management that will encourage your workers because it's an assembly line hell in the hub. Bring benefits time to 6months at least. Injuries occur aches and pains come with the job. Remember that the preloaders ARE ups. If they strike you strike out. Spend time asking the preloaders and drivers how they feel about the company and hub without the direct management being the ones asking the questions. Only a handful of people would answer honestly because fear of attack, retaliation, or both. Make management expendable just as the lower level to keep them honest from top to bottom.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS