There are newer employer reviews for UPS

UPS- Hard work but its worth it.

Former Employee - UPS Sorter  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - UPS Sorter in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, friendly employees, good work out from lifting boxes.

Cons

extremely hot in hubs during summer time.

2536 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

It was a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper  in  Wyoming, MI
    Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in Wyoming, MI

I worked at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was good for the few months that I was there

Cons

It was an on-call position so I had no idea when I would work.

PRETTY GOOD FOR WHAT IT WAS....

Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Seasonal Driver Helper in Dallas, TX

I worked at UPS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really nice, fun people to work with; kind-hearted supervisory staff; got to see the city ground level during Christmas; learned some things; lost weight; had fun; made some Christmas cash; established some potential hiring connections

Cons

HEAVY PACKAGES, LOL (not really THAT BAD); a few (very few) bad egg people I delivered to; one or two selfish coworkers; apartment complexes without salt or litter to "de-ice" stairs; horribly numbered apartment complexes (or those without numbers on the doors/buildings AT ALL); dimwitted security personnel in areas who cannot understand that a brown truck, people in brown uniforms and hats mean UPS deliveries!

Please contact building management in apartment complexes you have deliveries scheduled for & let them know that A) you will be making deliveries there, even in the evenings and B) that they need to keep apartment lights on and number their buildings & apartments. C) would be to ask them to please de-ice stairs during winter. ****Make sure you get a decent driver because some of them won't help you or train you well. A good one will work with you to make sure you do your best. Some apartment complexes (well, many) dont' have elevators so be prepared to carry things upstairs. Not usually bad but if someone orders a fridge or something, this can be awful for a woman. If you are older, be prepared to use Tommie Copper things. Work really hard and they will offer you part-time employment permanently. If I had not been a retiree, I might have taken it.****

There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!