There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Intern

I worked at UPS

Pros

-Friendly atmosphere
-mission critical projects
-Able to take initiative in what you want to do

Cons

-As with any large company, it can sometimes seem like there are a lot of hoops to jump through if you want to install something new on your computer or if you want to develop using a different language

2590 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

fun fast paced and met a lot of new people

I have been working at UPS full-time

Pros

good benefits long term job and it also has good pay along with long term job status.

Cons

a lot of hours and time away from family thru out the week

Good pay, phenomenal benefits, challenging work but not rocket-science.

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Coppell, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Coppell, TX

I worked at UPS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunities for over-time pay. There is a consolidation push into the Coppell office for accounting positions resulting in a lot of work. I enjoyed cleaning accounts up after they were insourced. There is a real camaraderie feel and team work is a norm. I've never seen a company provide better benefits, I was practically paying nothing for a family of three. There are also a lot of advancement opportunities so if you learn quickly and apply yourself, you can climb the ladder fairly quickly.

Cons

Being that a lot of the work is being insourced, some of the accounts are messy and require to be combed with a fine-tuned comb. There aren't a lot of opportunities for training but I saw a push to change that. A lot of the people you work with are younger people (fresh out of college) so there could be an arrogance in the air and a lot of inexperience. There is also a high turnover in this office.

Management has pushed for work-life balance which was a great incentive. My advice is to pay attention to those individuals that are making the accounts better and teach them leadership skills. There are some workers who are being promoted to supervisor levels that have no business being there other than the knowledge they have acquired from working there for over a year. Supervising not only requires knowledge of the work but also people-managing skills (which a lot of the Latin America sups do not have).

There are newer employer reviews for UPS