I drive the browntruck

Current Employee - Full Time Package Car Driver in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Full Time Package Car Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are great when you eventually can get a full-time position. If you enjoy working on your own and can handle pressure, this is a plus. I enjoy meeting the people I deliver to also. I have heard a lot of co-workers who came out of the military compare UPS to that type of a career. It is possible to get an easier job by driving tractors or going into management later on. We get a lot of vacations, over-time, have a pension plan, 401K, company stock discounts, and we get corporate discounts from other companies.

Cons

Driving a package car, which is company lingo for the brown delivery truck, is a very physical job that is tough on your body. So you need to be in good shape from a health stand point. The hours are long too, if you have small children you will miss all their activities Monday-Friday. I have an 8:50AM Start Time, I typically clock out at 7:30PM. I live 27 miles away from my work location, this means I leave my driveway about 7:30 in the morning and I get home after 8PM on an average day. The company constantly comes up with new technology to try to increase the amount of work we do, they also know through GPS and other technology what we do all day.

Advice to Management

The company needs to hire more employees and decrease the workload a little bit. They also need to improve servicing our customers better.

reviews filtered by

Great

Current Employee - NONE in New York, NY
    Current Employee - NONE in New York, NY

I have been working at UPS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, cool, great, awesome, 5 star

Cons

There really aren't many cons

Advice to Management

None

My First Job

I worked at UPS

Pros

The benifits we're good, the sick time was good, the pay was ok.. Really good physical work.. Nice group of people that you meet

Cons

For part timers you could never get the hours. The always followed by seniority. Long waits for truck delays. The 150 a week checks..

Advice to Management

Come down from the mountain and see how the real work is done.