There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Not bad if you can't find anything else, and don't mind working hard

Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler  in  Secaucus, NJ
Former Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at UPS

Pros

well known company, good benefits for part-time, recognition for a good job, good record on safety, opportunities to go into other areas

Cons

constantly over-exerting yourself, demanding supervisors, gets very hot during the summer and you need to drink a lot of water, expect to sweat a lot, soreness in your muscles (very little or no soreness if you lift weights a lot in terms of reps), dust gets into your nose (you'll see this when you blow your nose)

Not much, the job is what it is, but it would be great if the supervisors weren't too demanding and allowed workers to work at a comfortable pace without constantly over-exerting themselves. It'll make the job more enjoyable and reduces turn-over (which is very high for this position).

2508 Other Employee Reviews for UPS (View Most Recent)

Human Resources Workforce planning

Former Employee - Workforce Planning  in  Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Workforce Planning in Lenexa, KS

I worked at UPS

Pros

Great Opportunities fro advancement within a growing and stable company

Cons

Long hours and cross training in many departments. Relocation

Look for ways to decrease the relocation and cross functional loaning of departments.

A great place to learn how to multi-task fast!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at UPS

Pros

When I started working at UPS I didn't have much work experience in a office environment. After working there for 5 years I gained great skills that have helped me in future employment.

Cons

Employee's we regularly told to work with a "sense of urgency", which really meant work at record breaking speed until you mentally snap!!! Employee's felt like machines most of the time. Management wanted you to work until they saw you bleed "brown blood".

Encourage employee's to work at a pace that will eliminate high error rate, employee injuries and stress. This will help eliminate high turn-over rate from burnout.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!