There are newer employer reviews for UPS

good for part time work but hard work

Former Employee - Package Handler in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Package Handler in San Diego, CA

I worked at UPS

Pros

benefits 90 days, set hours, stable job set pay, potential for overtime , able to become truck driver if u put in the time

Cons

hard work, a lot of carrying boxes, its basically hard labor if u can can handle it do it, if not then dont try. it is probably better to get some other part time job that doesn't require you to work odd hours and also hard physical labor.

Advice to Management

more patience

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

UPS -- Great pay, but long hours

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Ontario, CA

I worked at UPS

Pros

Pay was very good and benefits reasonable. A lot of incentive to hold your stock (that they award management) with a 2% bonus each year. 401K was good with 3% matching.

Cons

As a management employee, hours were long (12-14 hour days not unusual), particularly for center supervisors. As an Engineering Manager, there were 12 hour days ending at 21:00, only to have to be back on the preload at 03:00. By the end of the week you'd be pretty tired and worn out.

Advice to Management

Hard to balance family life, particularly with small children, and a management job at UPS.

2. After 37 years I still love my job as a driver.

Current Employee - Driver in Jamestown, ND
    Current Employee - Driver in Jamestown, ND

I have been working at UPS

Pros

I enjoy my job as a driver very much and I've been doing it 37 years. I love driving, seeing the countryside( I'm a farmboy at heart) ,connecting with my customers, and the pay and benefits are great. And I am my own boss when I'm on my delivery area and that's terrific!

Cons

The hours are long sometimes, but the OT pay is outstanding. And of course, the winter weather and road conditions and not real good sometimes in ND. Still beats a hurricane though! Also, UPS has a policy now of just delivering to the main towns when inclement weather strike. And of course, cell phones really help a lot. (Communication is the answer to alot of problems.) We never had those when I started working years ago.

Advice to Management

They are isolated from the "grunts". Just like the Congress of the US. But iI have to admit, things are better now than 37 years ago.