There are newer employer reviews for UPS

good for part time work but hard work

Former Employee - Package Handler in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Package Handler in San Diego, CA

I worked at UPS

Pros

benefits 90 days, set hours, stable job set pay, potential for overtime , able to become truck driver if u put in the time

Cons

hard work, a lot of carrying boxes, its basically hard labor if u can can handle it do it, if not then dont try. it is probably better to get some other part time job that doesn't require you to work odd hours and also hard physical labor.

more patience

reviews filtered by
  1. UPS - Don't work for them- the Union Sucks.....

Former Employee - Loader in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Loader in Cleveland, OH

I worked at UPS

Pros

To provide a little extra income. The income is very minimal, though, and the Union takes alot of it- in exchange for underrepresentation. The union is simply the Mafia- skimming money from the person doing all of the hard work and making the unions/reps richer.

Cons

You are litterally overworked and underpaid. The pace is too fast for most individuals. Turnover is 50%, as they tell you when you are hired. The work is dangerous and the equipment is outdated and not kept up. The lighting is poor. The climate control is absent. The working conditions are horrible- I don't know how the Union employees put up with it- did you ever notice that UPS employees never strike- I think that UPS pays off the Union to avoid strikes.

lighting and climate control for loaders

2. Ok for now. Not great. Not horrible.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at UPS

Pros

Security (for now). Though there seems to be movement to outsource IS functions. If you are performer chances are you will be trusted and left alone.

Cons

Bureacracy which is found in larger organizations. Too much rah rah and emphasis on stock ownership which should be a personal choice. Promotions not always fair. I was passed over for promotion even though I had more experience and education than the person promoted. That person was good friends with the promoting manager. So they like to talk the line that they are fair, in actuality they are no different from other firms. IS has too many people and I can see more downsizing.. they do not call it layoffs. But it has happened in IS. Its called elimination of a functional area and people have to find jobs elsewhere or take a package which is never that great.

Look at people you have promoted and determine if it was fair or if it was because the person had a contact or were a good BS artist.

There are newer employer reviews for UPS