URJ

www.urj.org

Established organization moving toward improvement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAfter just 3 months on staff, I feel senior management knows me and is invested in my professional growth. The URJ has recently undergone a major transition in senior leadership and in that process, certain departments/people were eliminated. Overall, the changes make sense as part of a new vision and the organization is clearly committed to moving forward.

New staff are supported and veterans are eager to help people learn.

ConsThere are still some challenges ahead for the URJ as they figure out exactly what it means to be a liberal Jew in the 21st Century and as the new vision and programs are implemented.

I experienced some difficulties with HR and Payroll when I was first hired, but those employees have recently been let go and the new staff seems much more competent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to front-line employees and leave as many lines of communication open as possible. Your ideas are great - now we just all need to make them happen.

Committed Staff, Great Benefits, Excellent Location

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at URJ full-time for more than a year

Pros: Smart staff who are truly mission-driven. Exceptional benefits, generous paid time off and flexibility. Senior leadership who regularly solicit input and who are approachable… Cons: As with any non-profit, there is always more work to… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to actively listen and incorporate ideas and suggestions from… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work - in between major restructurings

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at URJ

Pros: Wonderful staff who care deeply about their work and the… Cons: Historical job insecurity due to major restructurings every few years. Advice to Senior Management: The URJ should retain more staff who provide direct support… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on URJ.

Worked for URJ? Contribute to the Community!