URJ

www.urj.org
  www.urj.org
There are newer employer reviews for URJ

Established organization moving toward improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at URJ full-time (less than an year)

Pros

After just 3 months on staff, I feel senior management knows me and is invested in my professional growth. The URJ has recently undergone a major transition in senior leadership and in that process, certain departments/people were eliminated. Overall, the changes make sense as part of a new vision and the organization is clearly committed to moving forward.

New staff are supported and veterans are eager to help people learn.

Cons

There are still some challenges ahead for the URJ as they figure out exactly what it means to be a liberal Jew in the 21st Century and as the new vision and programs are implemented.

I experienced some difficulties with HR and Payroll when I was first hired, but those employees have recently been let go and the new staff seems much more competent.

Keep listening to front-line employees and leave as many lines of communication open as possible. Your ideas are great - now we just all need to make them happen.

19 Other Employee Reviews for URJ (View Most Recent)

Committed Staff, Great Benefits, Excellent Location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at URJ full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart staff who are truly mission-driven. Exceptional benefits, generous paid time off and flexibility. Senior leadership who regularly solicit input and who are approachable and incorporate staff members' suggestions. Every staff member has direct access to senior leadership. Entrepreneurial culture with the opportunity to take on varied roles within a discipline. Conveniently located in Midtown.

Cons

As with any non-profit, there is always more work to be done than hours to do it. Resources are limited.

Continue to actively listen and incorporate ideas and suggestions from all areas of the organization.

Great place to work - in between major restructurings

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at URJ

Pros

Wonderful staff who care deeply about their work and the mission of the URJ.

Cons

Historical job insecurity due to major restructurings every few years.

The URJ should retain more staff who provide direct support to congregations.

There are newer employer reviews for URJ