Very professional

Former Intern - Undergraduate Engineer in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at URS Corporation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional in what they do, lots of large interesting projects to keep you motivated and engaged. The help I received was very good, more experienced engineers were more than welcome to help.

Cons

In the particular office i was in, there was not very many undergraduate/graduates and therefore socially it wasn't the greatest experience.

Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation

1. This is a fantastic company to work for in many ways!

Current Employee - Onboarder in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Onboarder in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at URS Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are a company that cares!!! I have had nothing but great expeiriences with my employment here! I look forward to sharing the rest of my working years with them!

Cons

I have seen no cons in employment with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Completely disorganized! The HR dept gives you the run around. Poor treatment of workers.

Former Employee - Welder in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Welder in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

I worked at URS Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people on the crew.

Cons

Nobody seems to know whats going on. I've been sent to a site (7 hours travel time) just to find out that we weren't even expected to be here - and now the contact at Flint who arranged our travel etc. is not answering! This isn't the first time either. Two months ago our crew ended up staying in a slum hotel for a week & a half because the job wasn't organized properly (?) And the job/site wasn't ready yet. On top of that there have been several errors on my pay cheques. If you take a job with Flint make sure you check the pay stubs carefully!! They deduct for the employee health care plan months before the benefits actually kick in. Flint is not a good employer to work for.

Advice to Management

There is a problem with the flow of information between the people coordinating the job sites & the people who are running the different sites. Having trades workers travel away from home to end up sitting around waiting for the details to be figured out so they can start the job is unacceptable. Your HR help line doesn't help much if the person answering the call keeps transferring you to their supervisor's voicemail which doesn't seem to work as there are no replies.