There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Great co-workers but management is laying off

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

99% of my co-workers are smart, talented, and hard working, which makes team projects actually enjoyable.

Cons

My office just laid off our Office Assistant Manager, who has worked for this company for over 20 years. He was great at his job, worked well with everyone, and was highly regarded as a professional and excellent manager.

When a large corporation decides to get rid of a key person with significant experience and relationships with co-workers and clients, the message that is sent to the office is that hard work and loyalty is not valued here. Not to mention you lose that client relationship which can cost the company millions in revenue down the road.

635 Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company (View Most Recent)

IE Division Mismanaged, with Old School Mentality

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Germantown, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Germantown, MD

I worked at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great People, friendly, supportive
    Nice Work Enviroment
    Smart, ambitious engineers

Cons

Lack of Leadership in IE Division
    Lack of Controls (financial and contracts) which lead to poor ethical conduct and a potential (read potential) for fraudulent waste and practices
    Way too much emphasis on "sold time" billablity to Govt., which leads to engineers & project managers scrambling for billable work and doing other tasks if there is no technical work to do and bill customers.
    Lots of duplication in legal and contracts areas.

Get your act together in the Govt contracts arena (IE Division). CEO has head in the sand as do other leadership staff.

Contract CAD position for Civil Engineering team.

Former Employee - CAD Technician in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - CAD Technician in San Francisco, CA

I worked at URS Corporation, an AECOM company as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Nice clean office with a lot of light and modern cubicle. They were well staffed so didn't feel overworked. Big company that tries to maintain a personal feeling.

Cons

Like all companies this size, things move a little slow. Trying to get everyone's feedback to complete a project took patience. I got frustrated with some of the old school engineers who were not that accepting of AutoDesks capabilities to expedite the projects.

Feel like they were making changes when my contract period ran out. Curious what it's like now.

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company