URS Corporation, an AECOM company

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Junior Floor Mechanic, rite-aide facility

Former Employee - Junior Floor Mechanic in Aberdeen, MD
Former Employee - Junior Floor Mechanic in Aberdeen, MD

I worked at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Potential to learn a lot. Little worry of being laid off. Decent pay with full benefits package. Rite-aide facility in OK condition.

Cons

10 hour shifts. Day shift near worthless as far as performance quality. Senior personnel get preference for day or night. Small yearly raises. Management under severe pressure to document hours and satisfy rite-aide as contract renews yearly. Management cares little about safety or employee opinion. Cell phones not allowed by rite-aide. Rotating shift...long week to short week.littleto no training and the senior guy asked to train me could care less about training or discussing anything.

Listen to your guys, stay ahead on maintenance. Just because the maintenance isn't due on an item doesn't mean ignore it's condition.

669 Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company (View Most Recent)

My experience has been a good one.

Current Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are amazing and work well as a team.

Cons

There are limited opportunities for advancement.

Invest more training and development of employees.

Great co-workers but management is laying off

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

99% of my co-workers are smart, talented, and hard working, which makes team projects actually enjoyable.

Cons

My office just laid off our Office Assistant Manager, who has worked for this company for over 20 years. He was great at his job, worked well with everyone, and was highly regarded as a professional and excellent manager.

When a large corporation decides to get rid of a key person with significant experience and relationships with co-workers and clients, the message that is sent to the office is that hard work and loyalty is not valued here. Not to mention you lose that client relationship which can cost the company millions in revenue down the road.

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company