URS Corporation, an AECOM company

www.urs.com
  www.urs.com
There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Large corporation, large profits...some potential, large concerns

Former Employee - Draftsman in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Draftsman in Denver, CO

I worked at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of potential to expand ones career. many areas for growth (when company is flourishing), great people to work with.

Cons

Publicly traded company...have stockholders to satisfy!!! Employees can be seen more as a profit/loss factors than as meaningful contributor to the Co. Billability is KING!

Respect the "cogs" (employees) more!! Be proactive rather than trying to apply a "one size fits all" philosophy to management.

654 Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company (View Most Recent)

The Central Coast is like a family (with both the good and bad relatives)

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent management, diverse projects focusing mostly on power, oil & gas and aerospace. The office has a pretty good after-hours program and is very involved with charities, fund raising and local community support.

Access to Sr. leadership is good... and the folks who aren't overwhelmed typically take the time to talk about career goals, business and future opportunities.

I've never been told that I couldn't get training if it can be applied to my work or projects... and everyone is provided the opportunity to grow.

Cons

This office has a few 'toxic' employees, and since they are fairly successful, haven't been asked to change their ways unfortunately. There are a couple of under-performers who really stick out like sore thumbs, why they aren't gone remians a mystery to me.

Communicate the good and bad.... we can take it. No need to sugar-coat things.

Just like working for any large bureacracy and this includes the Federal Government.

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Steady paychecks, once you are in the system (took me 9 weeks initially)

Cons

At the international level, one has to try and work with numerous URS cyber people, located in many time zones all over the place. HQ in San Francisco, local offices all over, most of the processing in Houston or Austin Texas.
    With the firm, there are no principles or real values, its mission is simply to make money. Hard to live with year after year. No soul.

Limit the chain of comand.

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company