URS Corporation, an AECOM company

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Big company; but good

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

although it is a large company and sometimes very hard to navigate, it treats its employees rather fairly. Had an HR issue that was dealt with quickly and effectively

Cons

can be difficult to get the necessary information needed to perform job tasks as the company is so large. an internal 'social' networking site would be helpful

658 Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company (View Most Recent)

Large corporation, large profits...some potential, large concerns

Former Employee - Draftsman in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Draftsman in Denver, CO

I worked at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Plenty of potential to expand ones career. many areas for growth (when company is flourishing), great people to work with.

Cons

Publicly traded company...have stockholders to satisfy!!! Employees can be seen more as a profit/loss factors than as meaningful contributor to the Co. Billability is KING!

Respect the "cogs" (employees) more!! Be proactive rather than trying to apply a "one size fits all" philosophy to management.

The Central Coast is like a family (with both the good and bad relatives)

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent management, diverse projects focusing mostly on power, oil & gas and aerospace. The office has a pretty good after-hours program and is very involved with charities, fund raising and local community support.

Access to Sr. leadership is good... and the folks who aren't overwhelmed typically take the time to talk about career goals, business and future opportunities.

I've never been told that I couldn't get training if it can be applied to my work or projects... and everyone is provided the opportunity to grow.

Cons

This office has a few 'toxic' employees, and since they are fairly successful, haven't been asked to change their ways unfortunately. There are a couple of under-performers who really stick out like sore thumbs, why they aren't gone remians a mystery to me.

Communicate the good and bad.... we can take it. No need to sugar-coat things.

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company