URS Corporation, an AECOM company

www.aecom.com
There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company

It is getting better.

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Pros

This company was deeply fragmented. It still is. They are making steps at getting better. The communication is very one way. A while back they had us do a communication survey. I was thrilled to see that they were making this move. Then I noticed that all of the questions had to do if we were getting upper managements messages. Not one had to do with them hearing us. That much has not changed.

Cons

Some organizations are very protective of their resources and knowledge. The training department is one of them, which you would think that training departments would actually want to share information.

692 Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company (View Most Recent)

So So Company

Current Employee - Business Manager II
    Current Employee - Business Manager II

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities to work all over the world

Cons

The company grows by acquisition so it's always trying to integrate a new group of people.

Interesting projects, nice people!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- Work features large, interesting projects that make a difference in our communities. The focus is on public civil infrastructure and fortune 500 industrial clients.
    - The office is full of talented scientists, engineers, and planners at the staff and manager level.
    - The managers are mostly supportive, and competent.
    - Excellent career growth opportunities for go-getters and self-starters. You can take on as much responsibility as you want. You have control over your future at the company, and won't be bossed around.
    - Work hours are very flexible.
    - Good focus on employee safety.

Cons

- The forms and approval processes can be onerous.
    - Some managers get too busy with project work and don't delegate enough. Staff could grow more if these managers passed on their work.
    - Laptops and PDAs are generally not available.
    - You'll have to work hard at building the internal relationships that will advance your career. Don't count on it happening automatically, or assume your manager will do it for you.
    - Some practice areas are more vibrant/robust than others.

I know you are busy, but take some time today to show a junior person how to do something new. Transfer your knowledge and understanding of our business before you retire.

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company