There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Excellent place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Pros

The management at URS was second to none. Great opportunities for advancement, excellent feedback from direct supervisors and upper level supervisors, and they're contracted for a wide variety of interesting projects. Benefits are on par with most corporations.

Cons

Compensation could have been better. Perhaps I was working in an area with a lower cost of living, but they should be more concerned with paying the talent a higher wage to stick around.

I understand that a firm that deals primarily with contracting has to worry about its bottom line, but there was a mass exodus of extremely talented people. Do an occasional compensation study to see why you're losing people.

627 Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company (View Most Recent)

URS Corporation is a huge company, but also a great place to work.

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Pros

It's a large company that is very diversified and can weather the downturn in the economy because of that diversification. I think the direction that the company is going is great. The ability for employees to move up the organizational ladder and/ or around the country is also very nice. There are a lot of growth opportunities for people who look for them. URS has a nicely structured career development path for employees if they choose to use it and make it work for them. URS also pays well - well over the mid point in the market I believe.

Cons

URS is a huge company and has made many acquisitions over the last decade or so. The cultures of these new companies have never really been incorporated into URS in a very methodical planned out way. I think that the company should spend a lot of time and effort assimilating new companies/ new employees to the URS culture. It would make a huge difference for the morale overall. And as with any huge company, there are policies and procedures that are well established and that must be followed. It seems as if there is a form for everything you do.

I would tell Senior Management to pay more attention to their own words when they say that this business is our people and without the employees, we would have no business. Although URS has recently given generous increases and has a great benefits plan, we really don't do enough to reward the average employee. Service awards should be changed - the globes are outdated and not really wanted. The Office Managers should have the freedom to reward on the spot as well, without having to get approval for every dime they spend out of their budget. You need to really make the employees feel valued.

Doing as well as can be expected in today's economy.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Pros

As one of the largest professional services firms in the US with offices throughout the country, employees have the chance to work on a wide range of projects and the ability to transfer to other offices if desired.

Cons

Large company, employees can get lost if not self-motivated and hard working

To take more stock in employees and not just view them as figures on a spreadsheet.

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company