URS Corporation, an AECOM company

www.urs.com
  www.urs.com
There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company

URS is a great place to work. You make your own destiny at URS.

Current Employee - Engineer in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Pros

Good, talented people work for URS. URS goes after big, high profile projects that are challenging and exciting to work on.

Cons

It's a big, publicly traded corporation. You could probably get paid more working somewhere else. When the stock or the industry takes a turn, you could be unemployed real soon.

Senior Management is one of URS's strengths relative to the rest of the Engineering industry. URS seems to be a well managed company, with strong ethical values, as well as a sense of the bottom line for growth and longevity.

671 Other Employee Reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company (View Most Recent)

Opportunity if you're willing to push for it.

Current Employee - Environmental Scientist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Environmental Scientist in New York, NY

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Pros

As a large multinational, URS offers its employees the chance to work on large, high-profile projects. Also, the company has offices all around the world, and is quite flexible in allowing employees to transfer from one location to the next. URS offers same-sex (& opposite-sex) domestic partnership benefits which are, to the extent the company can make them, equal to the benefits extended to spouses.

Cons

Because the company is so large, there is a bit of bureaucracy. Also, I feel that a lot of the company ideals are given more lip service than action. It's easy to feel overlooked, & I've never seen a clear pathway to advancement. The corporate culture differs WILDLY from office to office.

Stop buying up other companies & concentrate on swallowing what you've already bitten off!

Individual offices may be good or bad...

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at URS Corporation, an AECOM company

Pros

URS wins great projects and you get a lot of exposure to different types of clients. There is always an opportunity to learn something new especially when you can work with people from other offices.

Cons

I speak only for my office...there is the mantra that 'the supervisor is always right'...even in discrimination situations. Also the supervisor gets to be vengeful is the employee speaks up and if a complaint it made to senior management nothing gets done because they are the supervisor and they don't have to change their ways you have to change how you handle things.

Again I only speak for my office...Come out of your ivory towers every so often and appreciate the people who work 12 hour days to keep you in your towers.

There are newer employer reviews for URS Corporation, an AECOM company