URS

www.urs.com

Don't apply

Former Employee - Staff Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

This is ok company for some recent graduate. You will gain lots of experience with an intersive on-the-job training. Basically, you will perform all the work they would trust to a matured engineer, except you will get 60-70 hrs of work a week with a minimum pay.

Cons

Worked 60 sometimes 70 hrs a week, including weekends and afterwork hours, with no overtime compensation. It would not even be that bad if they didn't have a "no reference" policy. After working you b--t off for several years, they don't even want to provide you with recommendation. There is no way to work your way up. After four years without a raise I tried to re-negotiate the salary and benefits, and the HR's answer was "if you don't like what we give you - good bye - there is a long line outside waiting to fill in". Other than HR personnel, the staff was courteous and professional. But the corporate policy is very negative towards the employees.

Be honest, and say as it is - you don't give a d--n about your employees.

Other reviews for URS

Good starting point, not great career growth

Pros

People are amazing to work with.

Cons

Too much stress on billability. No enough mentoship or training opportunities

Stop treating employees like wheels in the cog.

It is getting better.

Pros

This company was deeply fragmented. It still is. They are making steps at getting better. The communication is very one way. A while back they had us do a communication survey. I was thrilled to see that they were making this move. Then I noticed that all of the questions had to do if we were getting upper managements messages. Not one had to do with them hearing us. That much has not changed.

Cons

Some organizations are very protective of their resources and knowledge. The training department is one of them, which you would think that training departments would actually want to share information.

There are newer employer reviews for URS.

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!