There are newer employer reviews for URS

great people to work with

Current Employee - Environmental Technician  in  Boulder, CO
Current Employee - Environmental Technician in Boulder, CO

I have been working at URS full-time for less than a year

Pros

flexable work, there are great people to work with at URS. Possiblity for advancement seems to look good. Looking forward to many years.

Cons

I have yet to find anything significant, my only issue would be length of time to get a project rolling and started.

592 Other Employee Reviews for URS (View Most Recent)

Former long term employee

Former Employee - Collections  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Collections in Austin, TX

I worked at URS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Loved the people I worked with in non-management roles. I was given the opportunity to learn many different areas of the company and worked with a wide variety of people. Everyone was knowledgeable , friendly and willing to help.

Cons

Lack of internal communication on issues that affected employees. Continued layoffs across the board to cut on expenses. Lack of career path for advancement. Lack of emphasis on employees and their needs. It seemed management was primarily concerned on bottom line and getting the best from the employees. However that mentality only went one way. There was no loyalty or concern with the employees and what they needed. Employee success and loyalty was not considered or valued.

Better communication that gets pushed down to all levels of employees. Layoffs happen. URS needs to do a better planning regarding layoffs and impact to workloads and surviving employees. Invest in employees if you expect them to invest in the business.

Good company to work for if you're in one of the main offices

Former Employee - Engineer IV  in  Warrenville, IL
    Former Employee - Engineer IV in Warrenville, IL

I worked at URS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was great at the start, and promotions come quickly at first
    Plenty of knowledgeable resources at the main offices.
    Work life balance is better at main offices where there are a large pool of available resources

Cons

promotions slow down once you hit 5 years and become very infrequent there after.
    Smaller field offices often get hand-me down furniture and equipment from main offices.
    Field offices are very often forgotten by senior management in the main office.
    work life balance at field offices can vary from week to week.

Create a 3 tiered engineering system that has entry level, mid level, and senior level engineering positions.
    Pay more attention to the feild offices.
    Stop slashing benefits in the name of "Corporate synergy"

There are newer employer reviews for URS

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!