There are newer employer reviews for URS

No job is perfect.

Current Employee - Senior Environmental Scientist  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Environmental Scientist in Austin, TX

I have been working at URS

Pros

I like working for URS because they are a large company that can bid on big, complex (& therefore interesting) projects. They are open to allowing transfers between offices, & they have offices all over the world. They offer same-sex (& opposite-sex) domestic partnership benefits that are as close to equal to the benefits offered to married couples as the company can make them. I believe that we perform science and engineering projects to a high degree of skill and professionalism.

Cons

This company is not really a single, unified company - it is a patchwork of competing fiefdoms. This leads to really aggravating complications when trying to do work with other offices. The corporate culture varies wildly from office to office. There is a growing amount of bureaucracy - approvals to bid on work, H&S paperwork that never, ever ends.... just lots of forms.

If we're making profits, why aren't we all getting raises? It's galling in the extreme to read about our profitability and then receive a minimal cost-of-living salary increase. I work hard - pay me appropriately.

594 Other Employee Reviews for URS (View Most Recent)

I don't recommend it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stafford, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

I worked at URS

Pros

Not all URS is this bad. It is a good way to get your feet wet.

Cons

There is a huge difference between the concept of1) human capital and2) human cattle. This section of URS don't understand the 1st concept, and is more than willing to treat employees like the second. Training is non-existent. Prior military experience is more important than any qualification. (I suspect those with previous military experience are paid more also.) YOu are literally thrown into the job and expected to sink or swin.

If you start treating employees as an asset rather than a consumable, there would be less turn-over. The job wold be done far better. Moral would be better.

Work hard, get nothing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at URS

Pros

Interesting project work, variety of tasks, well-educated and seasoned senior staff, great name within the engineering consulting industry, flexible hours

Cons

massive focus on billability, no training opportunities, stressful workloads, no positive recognition, no room for growth, the company keeps buying other companies instead of giving current employees raises

There are newer employer reviews for URS

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!