There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force

I've always been proud to wear the uniform!

Current Employee - Operations Superintendent in Peterson AFB, CO
Current Employee - Operations Superintendent in Peterson AFB, CO

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros

Great benefits package, compensation (depending on job specialty) can be close to other industries but again, that's VERY dependent on job specialty. Chances for promotion and recognition can be great, depending on quality of people who are your supervisors. Worldwide locations for work and opportunites for travel. Frequently on cutting-edge of technologies. Frequent opportunities for employer-provided training and professional certifications, again depending on job specialty.

Cons

Behaviors which might get you fired at other companies can get you sent to jail in the military (late/absent from work, talking back to bosses, bouncing a check, etc.). Frequently have little to no choice in work location, some locations are in active combat zones or isolated locations with no local comunity support. Expect to be away from home & family about 6 months out of every two years at best, 3 months home/3 months gone is not the worst I've seen.

Advice to Management

Never forget you are dependant upon the people you supervise - a commander's/supervisor's primary responsibility is to make sure his/her people are able to do THEIR jobs (training, morale, health, equipment, time, etc.).

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Proud and enjoyable to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros

Serving my country is an incredibly humbling and honorable experience. I would not have changed any moments I've had while in the military.

Cons

Deployments are always the most difficult part of a military career. Although the separation from family and other loved ones is difficult, I realized that the mission had to get done...wherever I was.

2. Very honorable profession!

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Aurora, CO

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros

Very good benefits. Decent pay. Great job opportunities. Always someone to help. Strong sense of friendship within the Military. Travel the world.

Cons

Some jobs require long hours. Possibility of deployments. Competitive promotions. There can also be lots of problems within the civilian and military workplaces.

Advice to Management

Keep positive reenforcement with the Airman in the Air Force. Do not treat any Airman as a negative example. Make sure that senior leadership is knowledgeable.