US Air Force
4.1 of 5 2,918 reviews
www.af.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

I've always been proud to wear the uniform!

Operations Superintendent (Current Employee)
Peterson AFB, CO

I have been working at US Air Force

ProsGreat benefits package, compensation (depending on job specialty) can be close to other industries but again, that's VERY dependent on job specialty. Chances for promotion and recognition can be great, depending on quality of people who are your supervisors. Worldwide locations for work and opportunites for travel. Frequently on cutting-edge of technologies. Frequent opportunities for employer-provided training and professional certifications, again depending on job specialty.

ConsBehaviors which might get you fired at other companies can get you sent to jail in the military (late/absent from work, talking back to bosses, bouncing a check, etc.). Frequently have little to no choice in work location, some locations are in active combat zones or isolated locations with no local comunity support. Expect to be away from home & family about 6 months out of every two years at best, 3 months home/3 months gone is not the worst I've seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever forget you are dependant upon the people you supervise - a commander's/supervisor's primary responsibility is to make sure his/her people are able to do THEIR jobs (training, morale, health, equipment, time, etc.).

Very honorable profession!

Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee)
Aurora, CO

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros: Very good benefits. Decent pay. Great job opportunities. Always someone to… Cons: Some jobs require long hours. Possibility of deployments. Competitive promotions. There… Advice to Senior Management: Keep positive reenforcement with the Airman in the Air Force. Do not treat… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work, very rewarding.

Persian Farsi Military Language Instructor (Current Employee)
Monterey, CA

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros: This position is very self directed. You get out what you put into it. It's rewarding to see your impact on young people. It's great… Cons: Sometimes you get challenging students to work with. The Persian… Advice to Senior Management: Continue your good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on US Air Force.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Air Force reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Air Force CEO General Mark A. Welsh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Air Force employees.