US Air Force

www.af.mil
  www.af.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force

Good if you sit back and take it

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros

Amazing benefits and opportunity to travel. The pay is great for someone with a high school diploma. Granted you put in a lot of work sometimes, but depending on the job, sometimes you get paid to do very little.

Cons

This is the perfect job if you don't mind getting the short end of the stick and pretending like you enjoy it. This is the type of job where you do what you are told and you are expected not to stand up for yourself. I understand in the military we have to do what we are told, but when it affects our livelihood it shouldn't be expected. If you can manage being treated that way. You will definitely love working for the Air Force. It really is a great job, but I am not the type to put up with people's idiot leadership or management.

If management actually followed the training that the military offers, the Air Force would be the perfect place to work. Unfortunately, right after the training, things are all messed up.

4464 Other Employee Reviews for US Air Force (View Most Recent)

The US Air Force is a great career.

Current Employee - Computer Operator
    Current Employee - Computer Operator

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros

Great pension plan. Great benefits. 30 days paid vacation each year. Plenty of room for growth on a profession and personal level.

Cons

Too many deployments and time away from family and friends. Can be place in harms way on a daily basis.

Sometimes rank alone does not give a leader the skills necessary to lead. Please keep in mind that you lower ranks have skill sets that should be recognized.

Great opportunities

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros

The benefits are outstanding. Opportunities to improve yourself and progress from a average high school graduate are great. Travel the world.

Cons

The mission must be completed regardless of what is going on in your family life. It is a bit of a socialist society.

There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force