US Air Force
4.1 of 5 3,518 reviews
www.af.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Good if you sit back and take it

ProsAmazing benefits and opportunity to travel. The pay is great for someone with a high school diploma. Granted you put in a lot of work sometimes, but depending on the job, sometimes you get paid to do very little.

ConsThis is the perfect job if you don't mind getting the short end of the stick and pretending like you enjoy it. This is the type of job where you do what you are told and you are expected not to stand up for yourself. I understand in the military we have to do what we are told, but when it affects our livelihood it shouldn't be expected. If you can manage being treated that way. You will definitely love working for the Air Force. It really is a great job, but I am not the type to put up with people's idiot leadership or management.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf management actually followed the training that the military offers, the Air Force would be the perfect place to work. Unfortunately, right after the training, things are all messed up.

It has been a valuable and enjoyable experience.

Broadcast/Producer (Current Employee)

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros: You get the chance to experience amazing things all over… Cons: There is a lot of ridiculous bureaucracy that you have… Advice to Senior Management: Rank doesn't always equal knowledge, always be open to impute. Please try… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great opportunities

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros: The benefits are outstanding. Opportunities to improve yourself and progress… Cons: The mission must be completed regardless of what is going on in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Air Force.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Air Force reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Air Force CEO General Mark A. Welsh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Air Force employees.