There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force

Great benefits, proud to serve my country, not for creative-types.

I have been working at US Air Force full-time

Pros

Great benefits, traveling around the world. If you want to fly, this is the place to do it. If you want to get good experience early in your career managing people and big projects, this is a great place to start.

Cons

Hard on family life, away alot. Recognize your job is blowing stuff up, can take a toll mentally.

Wish that this organization actually rewarded talent with pay, its pretty socialist. All year groups make same pay for the first 4 years and those with families get paid more.

reviews filtered by
  1. US Air Force provides great entry level work

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros

Excellent opportunity to learn entry level skills in business, services or manufacturing sectors. Focus on job skills qualifications is high priority. Tuition assistance for off-duty education very valuable.

Cons

Highly bureaucratic and sometimes slow paced. Often managed poorly by people who were selected for a position, rather than by qualified individuals who chose it.

2. I enjoyed my time in the Air Force and it has taught me some great skills.

I have been working at US Air Force full-time

Pros

Great Training. Great People. Great Leaders. I enjoyed my time and learned a lot. I am not making the Air Force a career but have learned extremely valuable skills that will last me a lifetime.

Cons

Deploying. They own you. You don't have much say in what you do or where you will go next. You will be moving every three to five years sometimes even less. Also, you have a commitment or enlistment and if you don't like your boss or what you are doing, you cannot just get up and quit.

They are way too far removed to know what is really going on Air Force wide.

There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force