US Air Force
4.1 of 5 3,526 reviews
www.af.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Worth the ups and downs...

ProsI joined to travel and have had amazing opportunities to see the world. Excellent job security in our struggling economy. Excellent pay and benefits as well as being able to retire by the age of 40.

ConsDeployments can sometimes be too often, keeping you away from your family for extended periods of time. You have to learn to deal with the rank structure which isn't for everyone. Things don't always make sense at the lowest levels but there is usually a reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good, improve the bad and don't cut the benefits.

Air Force career

I have been working at US Air Force full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great sense of service in helping to protect our country and out national values. Working with peple… Cons: Very demanding hours. Depending on your job and responsibilities… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Career

I have been working at US Air Force full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Stable work environment where you feel you are making a… Cons: Lots of extended travel abroad. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Air Force.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Air Force reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Air Force CEO General Mark A. Welsh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Air Force employees.