There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force

Worth the ups and downs...

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I joined to travel and have had amazing opportunities to see the world. Excellent job security in our struggling economy. Excellent pay and benefits as well as being able to retire by the age of 40.

Cons

Deployments can sometimes be too often, keeping you away from your family for extended periods of time. You have to learn to deal with the rank structure which isn't for everyone. Things don't always make sense at the lowest levels but there is usually a reason.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good, improve the bad and don't cut the benefits.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good experience

Current Employee - Crew Chief
    Current Employee - Crew Chief

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

travel, healthcare, great people, good benefits. The work as a crew chief was highly rewarding but very hard at times, long hours not alot of respect from the supervision. I would say the over all experience was good and I would suggest giving it a shot if it is something your interested in

Cons

Hours suck, your leadership are usually not very smart. They think doing everything the longest and hardest way possible must be the best way of doing it because it sucks the most. You will never be home, deployments suck, tdy's suck now because of budget cuts you usually end up paying out of your own pocket.

2. Air Force career

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great sense of service in helping to protect our country and out national values. Working with peple and helping them to suceed. High level of responsibility from the beginning and increases as you increase in rank.

Cons

Very demanding hours. Depending on your job and responsibilities it can be difficult to maintain the proper home/work balance.

Advice to Management

None