US Air Force
4.1 of 5 2,890 reviews
www.af.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

They place a high emphasis on caring for their employees and providing future opportunities

Security Specialist (Current Employee)
Chantilly, VA

I have been working at US Air Force full-time for less than a year

ProsClearly defined chain of command, duties/responsibilities, pay and benefits, and future opportunities. Great upward mobility if you meet the requirements.

ConsBureaucracy can cause significant delays in processing personnel/HR actions. The pay starts low but has the potential to go up over the course of time. Frankly, you can expect to be a two-income family.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider job location and local cost of living when computing salary start range.

My career has been very rewarding

Pilot (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at US Air Force full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Working with great airmen concerned with mission accomplishment first! Serving my country. Great opportunities for education through tuition assistance and on the job… Cons: Promotion is inversely proportional to technical technical knowledge, skills or… Advice to Senior Management: Promote based on leadership, technical knowledge Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

bad company

E5 - Air Force - Staff Sergeant (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at US Air Force full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: steady paycheck with no real threat of being fired Cons: full of morons in power positions. Led by individuals with unrealistic ideas. Bad leadership, only… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on US Air Force.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Air Force reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Air Force CEO General Mark A. Welsh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Air Force employees.