US Air Force

www.af.mil

Dont Join the Air Force

Aircraft Navigator (Former Employee)

ProsDays off, low work expectations once at job level.

ConsDays off include weekends, Low Work expectations, Opportunities for careers once leaving military. Most people come out with some sort of mental issue. Too many people in the Air Force are Narcissistic.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism
Rampant abstinence, laziness, and low morale. Too many managers are only concerned about their own career. Company line only benefits the top levels of management.
AVOID the Air Force!

The US military has lost credibility. Its a Joke!

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove multiple levels of rules and regulations, promote computer use, stop thinking about your own career and start worrying about the careers of others. I have seen too many people's lives get screwed over because the management did not have the time to deal with others careers. Modernize the information system, reduce bureaucracy. Stop making little websites and information centers and start working on ERP solutions. In fact hire consultants to overhaul the entire information system that the Air force has. SUBTRACT, do not ADD!!! Adopt ITIL, PMP and other long time civilian industry standard certifications for Air Force members. Make computer competency a requirement for all members who join, even the high school graduates.

Air Force - No one comes close, to being the kind of leader this organization need.

Air Force Fighter Pilot (Current Employee)

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros: Security, Job satisfaction, benefits, see the world, career broadening without… Cons: Deployments, seeing idiots who get promoted and end up leading the Air Force, frequent moves, politics, No matter how high you get, you're always taking… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on what's important, 80% of what we do is not the mission because someone is afraid to say no to their boss. Don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

....

Developmental Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros: Working for your country and always getting to try something… Cons: Retirement is an all-or-nothing scenario. Either do 20 years and get it or… Advice to Senior Management: Revamp evaluation process and personnel assignment. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Air Force.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!