US Air Force

www.af.mil
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force

11 years in and still going strong.

Current Employee - Crew Chief in Rapid City, SD
Current Employee - Crew Chief in Rapid City, SD

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Undeniably great training and schooling opportunities. Growth, promotion, and leadership potentials are available at every turn.

Cons

Last minute trips that extend for several months seems to arise more and more often.

The mindset of people first is all but gone. Family is an amazing part of the American Lifestyle. We seems to have forgotten that enlisted member have families and carry the heaviest burden of serving members.

4866 Other Employee Reviews for US Air Force (View Most Recent)

A great opportunity for accruing leadership experience.

Current Employee - Flight Commander in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Flight Commander in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Responsible for people and processes
    -Opportunities for leadership
    -Work with other talented and motivated people
    -Phenomenal benefits (during and after career)
    -Focus on health and fitness
    -Funding for training

Cons

-Hours can be long
    -Not in control of your assignments
    -Family has to follow your career
    -Time consuming trainings that may not interest you
    -Can be inefficient

The nation is relying on us to focus on joint partnership--we are taking too long to consolidate redundant capabilities.

20yrs and I would do it again

Current Employee - Management Analyst in Peterson AFB, CO
    Current Employee - Management Analyst in Peterson AFB, CO

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Family, Friends, travel, Deployments are short (vs other services) Technology advancement easy the separation from families, Benefits the ones that are left, education (don't put them off like I did)
    Education

Cons

PT program(s), Reduction of benefits even after you sign up, As you progress it's less about doing your job and more about getting boxes checked off to compete for the next promotion. Direction the NCOA is headed. EPR system

More education on how and why you should contribute to TSP, Finish CDC's and clep everything possible, Once cleps are done begin online classed, if schedule permits attend actual classes as needed.
       When is comes to PT the Air Force program is not even enough to get you by you have to work out more than the 1 hour three times a week they may give you. Understand what Airmen are doing to try pass this test. If you only knew the terrible things some are doing in an attempt to pass.
       Create a data base (like ARMS) to save all awards and important documents these will be needed in the future.
       When it comes to EPRs we all know they are inaccurate 99% of the time, they are inflated to help Airmen with promotion and retention. Create a weekly scoring system for Airman, at the end of the week score your Airmen on what they accomplished that week (0-100) Section Commanders would review to insure that not everyone gets 100 every week. At the end of 45 weeks or so tally the scores and compare this to the rest of the Airmen in the shop/section/office. It would be just like grading papers use the score. The Super would be your fail safe to insure folks were not inflating the scores. Yes I know this could be a burden, but with Rank comes responsibilities.

There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force