good

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

paid vacation. travel to different countries

Cons

additional duties, mandatory physical fitness tests

Advice to Management

college degree

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. a lifetime experience.... with the PAF

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros

a many places and personnel to work with

Cons

a 24/7 commitment in life.....

2. My 6 years in the USAF has been very positive, but not positive enough to retain me longer.

Current Employee - Logistics Manager
    Current Employee - Logistics Manager

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AF does a really great job training and mentoring. It is also great at recognizing people with awards. The AF also has a really wonderful community throughout the world, and many exciting jobs and locations.

Cons

You don't get paid for your level of work or performance, you get paid based on rank. You get promoted based on time and not making major blunders. With the fiscal problems our country has, it's a very challenging environment to work and lead in regarding morale.

Advice to Management

Companies focus on making goals...sales goals, market share, brand recognition, etc. It is motivating to have visible, quantifiable goals. The AF goals seem to be more abstract, or negatively oriented. What I mean is a 95% compliance standard has us focusing on counting errors per job, when instead you can say generate XX number of sorties or transactions in this time period. We will still work to be as accurate and efficient as possible to save time and money but while working towards a positive goal rather than trying to avoid a negative one. Instead, give us concrete goals that you want accomplished, give us our budget, and let us figure out creative ways to meet that. It's seems like a small difference, but it's a perspective change, and small changes in perspective can have a large impacts in attitude and creativity. The goal we hear most commonly is "do more with less," or more recently "do less with less." Neither is very motivating.