US Air Force
4.1 of 5 2,905 reviews
www.af.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

The easiest and hardest job you'll ever have, at the end of the day it's very rewarding.

Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee)
Charleston, SC

I have been working at US Air Force full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOutstanding benefits unmatched by anyone in the civilian workforce. Great travel opportunities. Great for career advancement, experience, education and training. For those who are motivated, you will learn to be a leader.

ConsDeployments have become longer and more frequent. Continual drawdowns and spending cuts means higher demands and more responsibility for everyone. Military lifestyle is not for everyone, you must maintain high standards of physical fitness and appearance.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead from the front. And make taking care of your people your first priority. If your people know you care about them, they will take care of the mission.

Best 24 Years of my life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at US Air Force

Pros: I received outstanding training and I was able to see parts of the world and our country that I… Cons: It's a very structured lifestyle, it's not for everyone. Advice to Senior Management: Filter out the politics More

Good 8 years in the AF

Instructor (Current Employee)
Dayton, OH

I have been working at US Air Force full-time for less than a year

Pros: Paid for education Great leadership experience Cons: Broken promotion system Tailored to average performance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on US Air Force.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Air Force reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Air Force CEO General Mark A. Welsh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Air Force employees.