US Air Force

www.af.mil
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force

The easiest and hardest job you'll ever have, at the end of the day it's very rewarding.

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Charleston, SC

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits unmatched by anyone in the civilian workforce. Great travel opportunities. Great for career advancement, experience, education and training. For those who are motivated, you will learn to be a leader.

Cons

Deployments have become longer and more frequent. Continual drawdowns and spending cuts means higher demands and more responsibility for everyone. Military lifestyle is not for everyone, you must maintain high standards of physical fitness and appearance.

Lead from the front. And make taking care of your people your first priority. If your people know you care about them, they will take care of the mission.

4845 Other Employee Reviews for US Air Force (View Most Recent)

Best 24 Years of my life

I worked at US Air Force

Pros

I received outstanding training and I was able to see parts of the world and our country that I would otherwise not have had the chance. Being part of the Air Force has given me everything in life.

Cons

It's a very structured lifestyle, it's not for everyone.

Filter out the politics

Four years in nuclear command and control.

Former Employee - Missile Combat Crew Commander in Minot, ND
    Former Employee - Missile Combat Crew Commander in Minot, ND

I worked at US Air Force full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great community and brotherhood. The people make the service and you will make and keep lifelong friends.

Cons

Personnel assignment system does not match members to careers in which they would thrive. Too many times did I see people simply in the wrong career field where they could have been somewhere else that was more in tune with their interests and abilities.

There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force