There are newer employer reviews for US Air Force

The easiest and hardest job you'll ever have, at the end of the day it's very rewarding.

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Charleston, SC
Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Charleston, SC

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Outstanding benefits unmatched by anyone in the civilian workforce. Great travel opportunities. Great for career advancement, experience, education and training. For those who are motivated, you will learn to be a leader.

Cons

Deployments have become longer and more frequent. Continual drawdowns and spending cuts means higher demands and more responsibility for everyone. Military lifestyle is not for everyone, you must maintain high standards of physical fitness and appearance.

Advice to Management

Lead from the front. And make taking care of your people your first priority. If your people know you care about them, they will take care of the mission.

Other Employee Reviews for US Air Force

1. Best 24 Years of my life

Pros

I received outstanding training and I was able to see parts of the world and our country that I would otherwise not have had the chance. Being part of the Air Force has given me everything in life.

Cons

It's a very structured lifestyle, it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Filter out the politics

2. Good life experience, but avoid it if you have a problem with authority.

Former Employee - Enlisted in Minot AFB, ND
    Former Employee - Enlisted in Minot AFB, ND

I worked at US Air Force full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Great benefits for you and your spouse and children -Stable income -Can possibly be assigned to new and exciting locations -Pride of being able to say you serve/have served your country -Great way to say in shape! (because you're required to, haha)

Cons

-You're not really OFF work when you're off work. You're military 24-7 and they can call you in to duty whenever they please, as long as you're not on leave. -Can be very political. If you tick off the wrong people that are higher ranking or in a position of authority, they can use their power to make your life unpleasant.

Advice to Management

Try to be the kind of supervisor that looks out for your Airmen as well, not the kind that just steps on them to get to the next rank.