US Air Force
4.1 of 5 3,527 reviews
www.af.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Great people, great opportunities!

ProsThe experiences and opportunities are endless. There is a focus on the people. It is typical for very young troop to be put in positions with great responsibilities which allows them to learn valuable lessons otherwise unavailable.

ConsA lot of functions are now being centralized so there is less focus on customer service. This is often frustrating for people trying to get pay or personnel issues taken care of.

Go USAF

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at US Air Force full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Engaging and diverse work with an engaging and diverse workforce.… Cons: Good benefits could be axed if you're shot in head. Engaging work means you'll be working 80 hours a week without over time for a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Challenging growth opportunities-

Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at US Air Force full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: - Service and the ability to work for something greater than individual recognition -… Cons: - Less control over professional moves - Time away from family… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to recognize and develop your junior members--they are the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Air Force.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Air Force reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Air Force CEO General Mark A. Welsh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Air Force employees.