Military

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at US Air Force as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, travel, experience, comradeship, etc

Cons

Could be hard on family due to military demands

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The US Air Force is a fantastic place to get experience in every career field.

Former Employee - 3C0X2, Now 3D0X4 in Langley AFB, VA
    Former Employee - 3C0X2, Now 3D0X4 in Langley AFB, VA

I worked at US Air Force full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As for pros of the US Air Force, it gives experience, education, knowledge in an array of fields, discipline, travel if desired (or required), a sense of accomplishment, honor and tradition, and a perfect start for most young people to guide them to a career path.

Cons

There wouldn't be any cons, except that the military is alive because we, as a nation, must defend our country, therefore war is sometimes inevitable and requires our military members who have volunteered their lives and the lives of their families to be at risk of familial separation and/or travel to undesirable locations around the world to continue to provide the United States of America its freedoms for its citizens.

Advice to Management

Every member of the military, enlisted or officer, is a human being: bound to make mistakes, and also capable of amazing accomplishments.

2. Great people, great opportunities!

I have been working at US Air Force full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The experiences and opportunities are endless. There is a focus on the people. It is typical for very young troop to be put in positions with great responsibilities which allows them to learn valuable lessons otherwise unavailable.

Cons

A lot of functions are now being centralized so there is less focus on customer service. This is often frustrating for people trying to get pay or personnel issues taken care of.