US Air Force
4.1 of 5 3,527 reviews
www.af.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Fantastic opportunities, but not all of them will be available to you or ever conceived.

Senior Airman (Current Employee)
Rapid City, SD

ProsThey definitely support you financially in terms of healthcare and dental as well as access to the thousands of dollars of benefits available to you annually. In addition, they offer the "opportunities" to travel and see the world.

ConsMost of the "world" I saw was primarily in the Desert Sands of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. I was stuck in South Dakota for eight years before separating. Job placement is almost random if you do not come in with a guaranteed slot, if the job you have doesn't gel with you, too bad your stuck with it for years until your in a "retrain window".

Advice to Senior ManagementReinstate the PCS, and allow the Base Swap program again. In addition allow for retrain post 3-5 level CDC's completion.

a decent career with lots of benefits

Critical Care Technician (Former Employee)
    Biloxi, MS

I worked at US Air Force full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: you get good pay, can get the opportunity to travel to overseas locations, lots of benefits, as well… Cons: Everyone who stays in long enough will be someone's supervisor, and some people are just really bad at it. some jobs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to serve your country and gain valuable benefits and experience

Air Strike Controller (Current Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at US Air Force full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Stability, diverse career paths, travel, etc Cons: Sometimes hazardous working conditions. Not gunna' get rich. Advice to Senior Management: Stop cutting benefits Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Air Force.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Air Force reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Air Force CEO General Mark A. Welsh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Air Force employees.