US Air Force
www.af.mil Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Great way to serve

3D0X3-CyberSurety (Current Employee)
Travis AFB, CA

ProsExcellent training, excellent educational opportunities, chances to live in some awesome places around the world, attempts to focus on taking care of families to avoid putting undue stress on members and dependents.

ConsLike other branches of the military the Air Force will do whatever is best for the Air Force at the expense of members unnecessarily. Lots of time away from Family for training and deployments.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your troops. Take the time to get to know your people so that you can truly care for people. Place more emphasis on families and allow troops more time with families. Close the gap between Officer and Enlisted pay. Most officers are not worth the insignia on their shoulders/collar. Build up and encourage the Enlisted force to truly improve the Air Force.

Operations

I have been working at US Air Force

Pros: Great technical training, especially flight training. Cons: Lots of deployments-can be hard on the family. Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people More

Thankful I was able to obtain the experience

Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee)
    Wright Patterson, OH

I worked at US Air Force full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Working for the Federal government will give you an opportunity… Cons: I was surprised to see the level of politics so… Advice to Senior Management: Don't get so comfortable in your level of management that you don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on US Air Force.

Worked for US Air Force? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at US Air Force reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for US Air Force CEO General Mark A. Welsh. All reviews posted anonymously by US Air Force employees.