There are newer employer reviews for US Airways

It's got it's ups and downs.

Former Employee - Station Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Station Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at US Airways

Pros

Can't beat the flight benefits! There's a lot of great co-workers, and a kind and considerate personal culture. The health plans are well administered, 401K gets an automatic 3% company contribution. As airlines go, the merged airline that America West created has been a stable employer, with less turmoil through cycles of layoff's and hiring.

Cons

There's a lack of a comprehensive vision for employee relations, and no 360-degree feedback, i.e. little or no input is requested or considered from the field. it's seems that the company just chugs along without really considering middle management and their input. Company policies and internal procedures can be reactive rather than methodical.

Advice to Management

While the financial leadership is appreciated and probably most important, there is no leadership regarding the kind of employer LCC seeks to be. What is that vision?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The place to be.

Current Employee - Fleet Service Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Fleet Service Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at US Airways

Pros

Benefits are great and the people are great. This is a good job for people just graduating high school and are looking for jobs with good benefits and a strong future. I joined the company straight out of high school and I love it. The pay is great and they benefits are great as well. I have been able to travel all over the country for free. I was even able to bring friends along with me. When my first son was born I was able to work all the overtime I wanted which really helped out with bills.

Cons

Working in the elements are all ways tough.

Advice to Management

Remember where you started.

Fallen on deaf ears again.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Washington, DC

I have been working at US Airways

Pros

I like the job that I have. I enjoy going to work

Cons

Management seems unsure. Also they seem to think the employee's and public are ignorant.

Advice to Management

Honor God in all you do. Help people to develop, give to those that have given too you. Listen to the people that know the job. Listen to all your customers. Maybe your model is outdated.