US Airways

www.usairways.com

US Airways Express - Supervisor

Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent training programs, fast paced and challenging, great travel benefits. Working around AC! Excellent communication from corporate management.
If you have a good work ethic and want to advance there are plenty of career opportunities. You will never be bored.

ConsPay is not the best, okay for younger and older workers or two income families. No way to support a single income family. More constantly changing rules and regulations than any other industry for much lower salary. The stress of knowing your job is on the line every day if anything goes wrong on your shift (which often is filled with WARM BODIES that don't care and are only interested in the flying benefit) can be overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementA better pay structure form the bottom to the top might help attract a better class of worker. The constant change of personnel from managers down with the associated training costs and possible costs associated with damaged AC from inexperienced workers could be offset with a more stable work force. Perhaps a change in flying benefits in exchange for pay like an increasing number of passes per year starting low and going to the current level over say 5 or 8 years? A system like that might keep the employee that is only interested in the flying benefit from coming on board in the first place.

Flight attendant

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at US Airways full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Working with a dynamic group of people from all over the world - meeting a diverse customer… Cons: hard work pays off - Company always promotes from within… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work and employee relations - they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Company culture and technology

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

I have been working at US Airways full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: People get their salary every 2 weeks just showing up… Cons: Old school technology. No change no improvements. They didn't even… Advice to Senior Management: Should replace the people working there for 15-20 years. They are doing holding back company's growth and efficiency using old… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on US Airways.

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!