US Army Installation Management Command

www.apg.army.mil

My experience with IMCOM has been very positive, educational, challenging, and rewarding.

Command Sergeant Major (Current Employee) Fort Huachuca, AZ

ProsThe best reasons to work for US Army IMCOM are first and formost one's ability and position to really make a difference in the quality of life of our Soldiers and their families. While often filled with many challenges, it's very rewarding when you can help people out. IMCOM is very good about sending you to various schools to receive training for current job as well as positions of greater responsibilities. The people, the team, are great to work with and for. Finally, the pay, benefits, and job security are solid.

ConsI often work very long hours, so it's tough on family life, but you usually have your weekends, and you don't deploy, so I can't really complain, and I don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really appreciate the teamwork and the closeness that exist amongst all Soldiers/military leaders and Department of the Army Civilians (DACs), accordingly, my advice to military leaders is to keep working hard to strengthen the team. This team concept is what makes it such an effective organization and a great place to work. I would also advise continued educational opportunities for both military leaders and DACs. Finally, enjoy time with family when you can, you will likely be deploying again soon, so enjoy as much as possible.

Facilities Engineering

Engineering (Current Employee) West Point, NY

I have been working at US Army Installation Management Command

Pros: Fast paced. Interesting and vital work in support of the Military Academy. Infrastructure is in dire need of solid engineering. Great opportunity for… Cons: Priorities change with the wind. "Thank you's" are few and far between. Organizational limbo (inability to transform to a functional organization… Advice to Senior Management: Go back to basics! Adhere to the guidelines provided in the regulation (AR 420-1 and the like). Focus more on getting the processes… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Honesty

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Honolulu, HI

I have been working at US Army Installation Management Command

Pros: The team I work with is one of the best Cons: Senior management seems to be a reaction rather proactive Advice to Senior Management: Test the products you send out into the field, ask… More

There are newer reviews on US Army Installation Management Command.

Worked for US Army Installation Management Command? Contribute to the Community!