US Army Installation Management Command

www.apg.army.mil
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for US Army Installation Management Command

My experience with IMCOM has been very positive, educational, challenging, and rewarding.

Current Employee - Command Sergeant Major in Fort Huachuca, AZ
Current Employee - Command Sergeant Major in Fort Huachuca, AZ

I have been working at US Army Installation Management Command

Pros

The best reasons to work for US Army IMCOM are first and formost one's ability and position to really make a difference in the quality of life of our Soldiers and their families. While often filled with many challenges, it's very rewarding when you can help people out. IMCOM is very good about sending you to various schools to receive training for current job as well as positions of greater responsibilities. The people, the team, are great to work with and for. Finally, the pay, benefits, and job security are solid.

Cons

I often work very long hours, so it's tough on family life, but you usually have your weekends, and you don't deploy, so I can't really complain, and I don't.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate the teamwork and the closeness that exist amongst all Soldiers/military leaders and Department of the Army Civilians (DACs), accordingly, my advice to military leaders is to keep working hard to strengthen the team. This team concept is what makes it such an effective organization and a great place to work. I would also advise continued educational opportunities for both military leaders and DACs. Finally, enjoy time with family when you can, you will likely be deploying again soon, so enjoy as much as possible.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Facilities Engineering

Current Employee - Engineering in West Point, NY
    Current Employee - Engineering in West Point, NY

I have been working at US Army Installation Management Command

Pros

Fast paced. Interesting and vital work in support of the Military Academy. Infrastructure is in dire need of solid engineering. Great opportunity for those dedicated to a cause that is not wholly visible but oh so necessary. Need is great for those that are up to the challenge of coming up with innovative and novel ways of improving the engineer status of the Academy.

Cons

Priorities change with the wind. "Thank you's" are few and far between. Organizational limbo (inability to transform to a functional organization has done enormous damage). Inability to apply analytical tools to find solutions to problems because of the often self imposed unrealistically short suspenses.

Advice to Management

Go back to basics! Adhere to the guidelines provided in the regulation (AR 420-1 and the like). Focus more on getting the processes right again an the rest will take care of itself. Basic premises of facilities management hold true. Use the smart assetts that you have in your personnel to identify the problem areas, determine a viable solution, program the solution and hold to that program. Focus more on being good steward of the taxpayers $$.

2. Honesty

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at US Army Installation Management Command

Pros

The team I work with is one of the best

Cons

Senior management seems to be a reaction rather proactive

Advice to Management

Test the products you send out into the field, ask for the Good, the Bad & the Ugly