US Army

www.army.mil
  www.army.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

Excellent prep for civilian life.

Current Employee - Military Police
Current Employee - Military Police

I have been working at US Army

Pros

I have enjoyed my 21 yrs in the Army. I've enjoyed working in various parts of the world. I have enjoyed working with a very diverse group of people.

Cons

During some points of my career, I have found that there is a lack of time to be spent with family.

6238 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Rewarding, enlightening, and educational

I have been working at US Army

Pros

The US Army is a great place to start on your educational goals and to travel. It pays your tuition so that you can have a degree by the time you leave and it enables you to travel the world.

Cons

Downside would be if you are a single-parent, it is very difficult to balance the two if you are in a job and/or a unit in which you may be recalled at a moments notice.

My advice is to focus on morale more than the US Army has in the past. Boosting of morale would go a long way towards happy SOldiers. Happy Soldiers mean the mission gets accomplished that much faster.

Proud to serve

I have been working at US Army

Pros

I've really enjoyed my time in service. I've had the opportunity to enrich the lives of others and at the same time experience growth and opportunities not otherwise available.

Cons

The only negative thing I can say about the Army is not being able to always go to the location I'd really like to go. Despite it all, I've still had some great assignments.

Take a good look at the junior and mid-level leaders that have been serving in combat assignments over the past 8 or 9 years. As we look to a smaller force in the years to come, those leaders will be forced to transition to the civilian and private workforce. You should be looking now on how to assist their transition and that of their families.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army