US Army

www.army.mil

The positives almost equal out the negatives

Former Employee - Chemical Operations Specialist  in  Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Former Employee - Chemical Operations Specialist in Fort Leonard Wood, MO

Pros

I felt the best reasons to be in the US Army were College Money, Opportunities to Travel, and Experiences working in Groups. I successfully used all of my allotted college money already. When I was still in the Army I was stationed in Germany. This provided me a great opportunity to visit many different countries which was a great learning experience. I definitely think I learned more traveling than I would have if I had taken the traditional route through college. Lastly the Army provided a unique environment to work with people from different place and backgrounds.

Cons

Getting Exploited by the Government, Constant Lies from Management, Anti-Intellectual Environment,

Quit Drinking the Kool-Aid

Other reviews for US Army

Bogus. Take this with a grain of salt.

Former Employee - Linguist  in  Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Linguist in Augusta, GA

Pros

Free clothes. Training. It's not just a job, it's a misadventure.

Cons

Wearing the same clothes every day. Going through all of the training and having it wasted.

Pull your head out. I had some crappy squad leaders. There are some good people in the Army, but they are rarely in positions of power.

Take on debt and go to College.

Former Employee - Helicopter Pilot.  in  Enterprise, AL
    Former Employee - Helicopter Pilot. in Enterprise, AL

Pros

Patriotic Duty, Depending on your Skill or MOS good training. You will make friends that will last you a lifetime.

Cons

I had the best job in the Army which was CH-47 Helicopter pilot. The single best day was when I got a DD214 that said Honorable Discharge. I was so happy to take off that uniform. I promissed myself that I will never again place myself into a postion that places someone dumber than I am in charge of my life. My commander attempted to kill me no less than 3 times because he was an idiot.

I would not recommend anyone joining until they start caring for soldiers a little better.. The promise of school money is not worth the aggrivation. It is better to take on some debt and be free of these monkeys. I promise. If they really need you.... They will call you.

Take care of the enlisted folks

There are newer employer reviews for US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!