US Army

www.army.mil

You get what you put into your work.

Current Employee - 91D Power Generator Equipment Repairer  in  Fort Lee, VA
Current Employee - 91D Power Generator Equipment Repairer in Fort Lee, VA

Pros

Serving the people of USA is the biggest triumph I can ever accomplish. The community in the Army life is fantastic and there is always someone there to help you out if you need it.

Cons

The biggest downfall in the US Army is all of the sacrifices towards our families. Dedicated to the military takes time away from families. Starting work at 0630 and ending at 1700 takes a toll.

The harder and the more that you put into your work will be your outcome to how much you get of the work that you get done. Never settle for anything because everything can always be better.

Other reviews for US Army

Steady secure employment

Current Employee - Paramedic  in  Dugway, UT
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Dugway, UT

Pros

Plenty of work. Plenty of OT. Interesting job assignments with a wide variety in day to day assignments.

Cons

LONG commute, shift is 4/10s. In my job, 48 hr shifts would make MUCH more sense. Government Union and HR policies make it difficult to dismiss employees who are not a good fit for the organization. Management span of control is inadequate 1Supervisor/12 personnel.

Move to 48 hour shifts. Create 2 additional supervisors to bring span of control within standard NIMS/ICS guidelines.

Love it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Hood, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Hood, TX

Pros

It was 20 years well spent. Glad I did it. I started at 18 years old in 1992. I was a gen mechanic.

Cons

Late night. Lots of deployments. Away from family a whole lot. Money is not the best for how hard you work.

Follow up when task are given to soldiers. Ensure they understand the task. Complete AARs after e Rey mission is done

There are newer employer reviews for US Army.

Worked for US Army? Contribute to the Community!