US Army

www.army.mil
  www.army.mil
There are newer employer reviews for US Army

You get what you put into your work.

Current Employee - 91D Power Generator Equipment Repairer in Fort Lee, VA
Current Employee - 91D Power Generator Equipment Repairer in Fort Lee, VA

I have been working at US Army full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Serving the people of USA is the biggest triumph I can ever accomplish. The community in the Army life is fantastic and there is always someone there to help you out if you need it.

Cons

The biggest downfall in the US Army is all of the sacrifices towards our families. Dedicated to the military takes time away from families. Starting work at 0630 and ending at 1700 takes a toll.

The harder and the more that you put into your work will be your outcome to how much you get of the work that you get done. Never settle for anything because everything can always be better.

6266 Other Employee Reviews for US Army (View Most Recent)

Steady secure employment

Current Employee - Paramedic in Dugway, UT
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Dugway, UT

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of work. Plenty of OT. Interesting job assignments with a wide variety in day to day assignments.

Cons

LONG commute, shift is 4/10s. In my job, 48 hr shifts would make MUCH more sense. Government Union and HR policies make it difficult to dismiss employees who are not a good fit for the organization. Management span of control is inadequate 1Supervisor/12 personnel.

Move to 48 hour shifts. Create 2 additional supervisors to bring span of control within standard NIMS/ICS guidelines.

Ridiculousness on a daily basis.

Current Employee - Infantry Sergeant in Fort Benning, GA
    Current Employee - Infantry Sergeant in Fort Benning, GA

I have been working at US Army full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The guys I work with who volunteered to serve not those who signed up expecting benefits. If the Army is a reflection of society today then we've really got a pathetic social standard.

Cons

The majority of personnel in the Army today aren't worth the Velcro falling off my uniforms. The lowering of standards due to the wars fought has brought down the over all quality, professionalism, and ability of the Army because unfit people are unfit soldiers and they make an unfit army.

Instead of looking for different ways to deal with the problems in the Army, DEAL with the current problems most notably the lack of professionalism at the senior levels in the Army, FORCE compliance with the Army standards especially for all those support personnel and those who aren't combat arms. 99% of the issues that exist stem from internally produced BS of idiots who never should be allowed to collect welfare much less wear a uniform that denotes their supposed commitment to our country.

There are newer employer reviews for US Army